Mother Knows Best
I remember when I was 13, any advice my mother gave me made me want to cringe, roll my eyes, and say, “I already know, mom!” Now age has given me more wisdom and perspective on life. And I have come to realize that perhaps mother did know best. She was only giving me love and advice so I could avoid life’s pitfalls. Here is some wise motherly advice that was shared by my teammates in Behavioral Health and Wellness:
- Your body is your temple. Always make sure to take care of it.
- Without your health, money, success, or beauty don't matter.
- Let people surprise you.
- Given their circumstances, everyone is doing the best they can.
- Show me your friends and I'll tell you what you are.
- You get to make a decision each morning - to be happy, or not!
- Be nice, but never a doormat. You teach people how to treat you.
- Haste makes waste!! Trying to do things rushed always ends up taking more time and not getting the job done well.
- Don’t say anything if you can't say something nice.
Anhchi Ly, MS, Health Coach/Behavioral Health Clinician
Anhchi earned Master’s degree in International Disaster Psychology from the University of Denver. Anhchi is the Team Lead for the Telephonic Counseling and Health Coaching programs in the Behavioral Health and Wellness department. Anhchi’s passion is to empower those with chronic health conditions achieve a balanced mind, body, and spirit. Anhchi has been with Denver Health since 2013.